Sunday, August 23, 2009

Well, I guess this is my first post to this blog. I will start with a little background. I started doing miniatures in 1992. I have done a victorian/old time toy store and several different roombox scenes that were gifts for friends. In 1996 I had my first child and shortly after packed up all of my miniature stuff to be put in storage. (all of those little choking hazards, not to mention the damage that little hands could do to my miniatures).

Now fast forward to 2009, my first child is now 12, my second child is 10. Now all of this time my stuff has been in storage at my mother house, well, she is retiring & moving so I am forced to clear out all of my storage stuff and figue out where it will go. I came across my boxes of miniature stuff which my children were really facinated with. So... after some thinking and talking with them, we decided that miniatures will be a fun craft that we can do together. So I did some calling around, and the miniature club I had belonged to in 1993-1996 was still meeting, so we decided to go. The club will normally do a "make-it take -it" project, and this meeting we learned how to make potato salad and potato chips. Well, the kids were hooked! They were so excited and proud of what they had done, they could not wait to go back.

Now we are planning on doing minature picnic scenes to display our newly made treasures in. Of course we will have 3 picnic scenes, because you simply can't have 3 bowls of potato salad at the same picnic. :)

I have been doing a lot of playing with fimo & sculpey trying to come up with some more food for our picnics. So far I have learned how to do miniature bread, fried eggs, bacon, and caramel creams. O.K., so fried eggs, bacon & caramels are not normal picnic foods, but I saw them & HAD to try it! They are so cute! I will get some pictures posted as soon as I figure out how do miniature photography on my digital camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment