Sunday, October 3, 2010

NAME Day Hutch....

On Oct. 2nd, my local miniature club celebrated NAME Day. (National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts). Miniature clubs from all over pre-ordered these hutches in whichever scale they preferred and got together on Saturday to put their hutches together. Our group met at a members lake house and it was a beautiful day. This is my hutch that I completed. I (of course) wanted to do a spooky hutch, so I stained it with black stain, but rubbed most of it off to give it an aged/worn out look. The flash in the photo kind of washes out the color, but i will try to take a better photo when I get to see the sun again. Now I get the fun of filling it up! I am going to do some potion bottles, scrolls, pumpkins, skulls, and any other spooky things I can find.



These are some spooky trinkets I found at my local craft store today in the scrapbooking section. They are actually brads, but I plan on using the skulls as the drawer & cabinet pulls on the bottom. I thought they were perfect! There are a few more stores I have to scout for Halloween decorations next weekend to see if I can find anything else.


That is really all I have for now, I was trying to do some eyeballs tonight, but so far they are not working too well, but practice makes perfect....:)




2 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to see this hutch decorated. Love the way you have painted it very spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat! Of course I will post pictures when it is done. (although it may be a while) Speaking of that, you know... I AM going to need a hat for my hutch... I need to go & visit your store! :)

    ReplyDelete