Thursday, September 24, 2009

My unexpected bargin!

Well, I have been really busy in the real world recently, so I haven't had much time for creating, but I did want to take a second to share my unexpected bargain that I found this past week. I was browsing through Craig's list one night for used camping equipment for my Girl Scouts to get, and I decided, just on a whim, to do a search on dollhouses. Well, most of them were for the plastic/pink/Barbie houses, but there was one listing for a wooden dollhouse and a box of furniture for $80.00. $80.00!!! I HAD to go & check that out, so I called the lady first thing in the morning and it happens that she lives about 30 miles away. Not too bad of a drive, so we made plans to meet around noon right off of the interstate. Now the photo's that she put online mad it look like a fairly small house. Maybe like a 2 room house with a small attic. It was cute, but it looked small. I was really more interested in the box full of furniture. She told me over the phone that it was all wooden and her grandfather had made it all. Well worth the drive to investigate. Well, I get there and the house is HUGE! it will not fit in the back seat of my car no matter how we tried to fit it in there. So we ended up barely fitting the base of the house in the trunk & tying it down with bungee chords. I got it home safely, but now have no where to put the dang thing!!! It is about 3 1/2 feet wide & 2 1/2 feet tall and about 2 feet deep.


This is the front of the house, the front door needs to be fixed, but she did have it in the box.
This is the inside of the house. On the first & second floors, the rooms go all the way through from front to back, but on the third floor- the larger room on the left goes all the way through, but the smaller room has a wall splitting that section into 2 smaller rooms.
This is the roof side access to the small room on the third floor.
Inside the roof side room, the door needs repair, but it does lead to the balcony on the front of the house.
The stairs on the second floor need to be repaired, they keep falling out.
Now for the furniture......


These are all of the dressers and nightstands that came in the box. All of the drawers and doors open.
These are all of the chairs and tables that came in the box. The two tables with the white tops are actually marble top tables.
There were 3 beds in the box. All of the beds came with foam for mattresses, & 2 of them had hand made crochet coverlets.
Here are the remaining items. A wall shelf, a corner shelf, a grandfather clock (the door opens and the weights are in there as well) and an oven for the kitchen that opens and the shelf comes out.
There are a few more misc. pieces that were in the box, but they had legs that were broken. All of the broken pieces look to be simple repairs so over all I am very excited about my find!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic purchase. There is so much there too. Its going to be great to repair and do up.
    All the furniture is great.
    Hope to see more updates what you do with this lovely house.
    Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, I am really excited about it. I have no idea what I will do with it yet, but my daughter and I keep arguing about the top floor... I think it would be a great craft room for me, and she thinks it is perfect for her bedroom.... so we will see!

    ReplyDelete