Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mosaics

At the request of my newest and second follower, I am posting some photos of some of the mosaics I have done in the past.
Enjoy......


This is a bird bath that I made for my mother. It is made out of a large terra-cotta pot.



This is the top of the bird bath.


This is a set of 3 trivets that I made. They were done on a wooden base and then I put felt on the bottom.



This a wooden box that I found. Each side has a different picture & the inside is solid lime green.


Side 2


Side 3



Side 4


This is a mirror frame that I did for one of my son's teachers ( I loved her!) And no! It is not a Christmas mirror, although it really does look like one. :)

Close up of mirror corner before it was grouted

This is a mosaic tile baseball I did for one of my old bosses. This was the result of my husband telling me I could not do something! I was walking around the local craft store one day looking for inspiration & different surfaces that I could tile, when I came across these wooden spheres, Then he looked at me like I was an idiot... "you can't tile a ball!" He said to me, so I promptly put 5 of them in my buggy and headed home. It was actually pretty easy, and a lot of fun, so now you know... you CAN tile a ball if you are so inclined! ;)

Another photo of the baseball
Now you need to go & see some REAL mosaic tiling and look at the window she just completed! It is beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Lori I love it! I especially love the feathers on the birds - those are some tiny pieces of tile and they really are effective! The baseball is brilliant too!

    ReplyDelete