Friday, January 28, 2011

Random Jars

I have been playing around with filling some of the bottles I have been collecting for the past year.  Most of my ideas for filling revolve around using a resin of some sort, but I have not ordered any yet, So I thought I would play around with some things I already had around the house.  Honestly, most of them looked really stupid, but I did manage to get a few done that I might actually be able to use.  
The photos are a little dark, but not too bad.  You can click on them to make them bigger.


 These 2 jars have the bones in that I posted about earlier.    

These 2 have dried-smushed flowers in them.  The one to the left is a really dark red from red roses & the other is a really pretty lavender color.


These two you can see the colors better & the tops have clay on them right now just to keep the stuff in while I decide how to top them off.  I am probably going to use some jewelry findings & beads to make the tops.  The one to the left is a square shape & the circular one is flat.  I think I like these 2 best       (so far).  :)

This is a part of one of the flowers,but I really liked the way it looked in the jar.  It has good texture.


Here are all of them together.


So far that is all I have done.  I still need to decide what to call them, and then make & attach the labels, but before I can do that I need to learn how to age paper.  I started last weekend and have a few pages that turned out pretty good, so I am going to make more aged paper this weekend & see If I can get some labels & scrolls & random pages to lay about with assorted things on them.  I have some dragons, mushrooms, botanical drawings, ect that I have printed onto the aged paper, but I still have to seal them.  (I just bought the sealer last night) so that should pretty much take up my free time this weekend.

Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Your potions are looking good. What fun, potions are my favorite to make. I love decorating the bottles :)

    Victoria ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to decorating the bottles. I love how you do yours!! I am still trying to decide if I want to put labels on them or just tags hanging down. I dont really want to cover up what is in the jars, but I do like the labels directly on the jar itself....I'm sure it will take me a while to figure out exactly how they should be! :)

    ReplyDelete