I have been playing around with filling some of the bottles I have been collecting for the past year. Most of my ideas for filling revolve around using a resin of some sort, but I have not ordered any yet, So I thought I would play around with some things I already had around the house. Honestly, most of them looked really stupid, but I did manage to get a few done that I might actually be able to use.
The photos are a little dark, but not too bad. You can click on them to make them bigger.
These 2 jars have the bones in that I posted about earlier.
These 2 have dried-smushed flowers in them. The one to the left is a really dark red from red roses & the other is a really pretty lavender color.
These two you can see the colors better & the tops have clay on them right now just to keep the stuff in while I decide how to top them off. I am probably going to use some jewelry findings & beads to make the tops. The one to the left is a square shape & the circular one is flat. I think I like these 2 best (so far). :)
This is a part of one of the flowers,but I really liked the way it looked in the jar. It has good texture.
Here are all of them together.
So far that is all I have done. I still need to decide what to call them, and then make & attach the labels, but before I can do that I need to learn how to age paper. I started last weekend and have a few pages that turned out pretty good, so I am going to make more aged paper this weekend & see If I can get some labels & scrolls & random pages to lay about with assorted things on them. I have some dragons, mushrooms, botanical drawings, ect that I have printed onto the aged paper, but I still have to seal them. (I just bought the sealer last night) so that should pretty much take up my free time this weekend.