Well, I finally got a chance to take get some photos onto my borrowed computer.
Below are my first attempt at making candles. I found a tutorial in one of those old magazines from 1992 (I think). So I thought I would try it. They didn't turn out that bad overall, but I think next time I will do it a bit differently. The tutorial calls for using mostly the transparent clay to give it that waxy look, but once that heats up from working with it, it gets really sticky & hard to work with. So next time I am going to find a way to keep the clay cold to make it easier to work with.
Next are my attempt at mushrooms from the AIM tutorial they had. I had a lot of fun making these, they are so cute. Again the lighting is bad but it is not out of focus. I got the mini wooden pots from my local craft store & painted them Terra-cotta color & they turned out pretty good. This was my first batch & I think I cooked it to long because they actually were a brighter red, but by the time i got them out they were more of a burgundy color. I really couldn't decide if I wanted the spots all over or at the bottom, so they are not all the same.
Same pot, different angle.
This is my second batch. It is a bit out of focus, but you can see the color is much brighter this time.
I am going to make 7 little pots just like the above and give out as table favors at our upcoming State Day event. I sure hope everyone likes them. I am relatively new to all of this and I don't have the level of craftsmanship that most of you guys do, but it sure has been fun learning!
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!